Sevenair Academy traces its origins in the first civilian pilot school in Portugal, AeroAvia that was created in 1988. Later this company was bought by an investor and became Vega. At the same time in 1998 Leávia was created in the Algarve becoming not only the first pilot school in the South of the country but also the first aviation school to achieve JAA approval.
Leávia later acquired Vega, expanding to Lisbon area. In 2011 started offering maintenance technician courses and the operations were integrated within Sevenair Group later on.
Having trained thousands of pilots, flight dispatchers and maintenance technicians in the more than 30 years of history it’s a reference not only in Portugal but also in Europe as one of the leading aviation companies providing the best human capital to the industry.
Mobility and its pillars of transport, are at the very center of our socio-economic fabric. They underpin social connections and facilitate access to goods and services, including trade, jobs, health care and education. Global air traffic is growing truly fast and the search for new aviation professionals has never been so critical.
Sevenair Academy’s main mission is to help and motivate young people to become professional pilots and pursue a career in aviation, or to fly recreationally. Our academy is strategically located in sunny Cascais, Portugal, only 20 minutes away from Lisbon, which allow our students to fly with the best weather and airspace for pilot training.
Sevenair Academy’s main mission is to develop professional pilots and technical teams with skills, confidence and certification.
Our quality educators possess high standards of safety and effective aviation training. On a learn-by-doing basis we want to expand our students’ professional horizons and leave them ready to compete for an airline career.
– AEROAVIA Aviation School
– The first professional pilot’s civil school
– VEGA Aviation School
– Helicopters and Aeroplanes Pilot training School
– Maintenance Training Organization
– LEÁVIA Civil Aviation School
– In 1999 was assigned JAA certificate No. 1
– In 2013 was certifed as EASA approved training organization (AT0)
– SEVENAIR Flight Academy
– New premises, new fleet
– Academy expansion to Brazil
– 30 years of activity
– Academy expansion to Cape Verde
– Fleet reaches 22 aircraft, 12 with glass cockpit. PME Líder ’20
– New ALSIM ALX simulator. Expand our facilities in Cascais Airport with 2 additional hangars.
– PME Líder ’21
– Opening of a flight training base in Bragança